2016 Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Please look to this page for upcoming events of interest to employers:
“2016 Employment Law Update for the HR Professional,” February 9, 2016, 7:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M. , before the Central Florida Employment Council, Nova Southeastern University, 4850 Millenia Blvd., Orlando, FL 32839.
Central Florida Employment Council | CFEC Employer Meetings
“The Place for Recruiters to Network and Learn since 1994”
– 2nd Tuesday of every month
2016 Employment Law Update for HR Professionals
Richard Larson, Rick Larson Law, Employment Solutions, Employment and Civil Litigation
APPROVED for SHRM credit hour(s)
Special thanks to our partnering sponsor UCF Continuing Education who helps make this process possible for recertification credit hours.
DATE / TIME / AGENDA:
Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:30 AM until 9:00 AM (7:15 AM suggested arrival time for sign-in, continental breakfast, and networking with attendees).
Continental Breakfast sponsored by Tews Company
Meeting fee $15.00 payable at the door, only please. Cash/Checks made payable to CFEC. Please make any cancellations by the Fri. before the meeting, or cost will be administered directly.
Seats go fast and space is limited, reserve your spot today! Feel free to bring a colleague! Reserve your seat(s) via email by sending your Name, Company Name, and Email Address to Paulette Weir, CFEC Director at cfec.org. (No “annual membership” fees! Attendees are employers, recruiters, managers, human resource, career & employment resources only please.)
Nova Southeastern University – Orlando, 4850 Millenia Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32839
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING:
Parking is FREE. For directions only call 407.264.5601, visithttp://www.nova.edu/campuses/orlando/contact.html, or from down town area, Follow I-4 W to Conroy Rd in Orlando – Take exit 78 from I-4 W. (Located off I-4 on Millenia Boulevard just south of the Mall at Millenia).
“Tips on How High Performing Cultures Manage Low Performing Employees,” June 23, 2015, 1:15 p.m., before the National Health Care Leaders Association, First Annual National Conference, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, Orlando, Florida.
“Recruiting Screens: Do We Really Hire the Best?” October 6, 2015, webinar presentation for the National Diversity Council.
NEED A WINNING WORK TEAMS SPEAKER?
We speak often throughout the Southeastern United States on topical employment issues confronting employers so as to share a greater understanding of issues in today’s news and to share best Human Resources practices regarding such matters.
In the event that your organization would like us to present an issue of topical importance with respect to better understanding how to develop winning employment practices, please contact us. We will be pleased to consider all timely requests.
Recent Speaking Engagements
The following is a listing of our most recent speaking engagements:
“2015 Employment Law Update: Key Changes for the HR Professional” February 10, 2015, before the Central Florida Employment Council, University of Central Florida Continuing Education, Innovation Center, Orlando, Florida.
“Making the Business Case for Diversity,” before the Central Florida Region, Florida Diversity Council, April 5, 2014, at the University of Central Florida.
“HR for the Financial Manager, A Conversation Regarding the ‘People Side’ of the Business,” April 26, 2014, before the Greater Orlando Chapter of the Institute of Financial Operations, Orlando, FL
“2014 Employment Challenges for HR Managers,” February 11, 2014, before the Central Florida Employment Council.
“Building a Strategic Human Resources Foundation: 10 Key Steps to Winning Hearts, Minds and Profits”–March 11, 2013, before the SHRM Jacksonville 5th Annual Regional Conference, St. Augustine, FL.
“The EEOC’s New Rules on Criminal Background Checks: What Every Employer Needs to Know, Now,” August 28, 2013, before the Florida HR Conference & Expo, Orlando, FL.
“The EEOC’s New Rules on Criminal Background Checks: What Every Employer Needs to Know, Now”–February 12, 2013, before the Central Florida Employment Council. Other Winning Work Teams’ engagements are listed below:
- “Building a Strategic Human Resources Foundation: 10 Key Steps to Winning Hearts, Minds and Profits” – before the Physician Office Managers’ Association of America (“POMAA”) , Florida State Chapter Annual Educational Seminar.
- “The Retaliation Trap: How to Prepare your Company to Meet the Challenge” – before the Central Florida Employment Council “CFEC”).
- “How to Create a High Performance Culture, Part II” – at the Orlando Museum of Art, sponsored by Eidson Insurance.
- “Building a Strategic Human Resources Foundation: 10 Key Steps to Winning Hearts, Minds and Profits” – before the HR Florida Conference & Expo 2011.
- “Legal Compliance: A Conversation about Best Employment Practices” – before the Greater Orlando Asian American Bar Association.
- “The Americans with Disabilities Act: Practical Tips for Employers” – before the Business Advisory Council of Central Florida.
- “Hot Topics in Employment Law: A Quick Look at Five Key Legal Issues Every Recruiter and Manager Needs to Understand in Today’s Employment Environment” – before the Central Florida Employment Council.
- “Turn your Mandates into Motivators: How Legal Compliance Builds Better Teams and Grows Profits” – sponsored by the Eidson Educational Series.
- “Effective HR from One to 100 Employees: 10 Key Practices to get to the Winner’s Circle” – at the Central Florida Coffee Club
- “Coaching and Counseling Employees” – Panel Discussion, Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association-Hotel Human Resources Association 2010 HR Seminar Series at the University of Central Florida Rosen School of Hospitality Management.
- “Rx for HR” – at the Greater Orlando Chapter of the Professional Association of Health Care Office Professionals.
- “Latest Florida Employment and Workers’ Compensation Law Trends: What Employers Need to Know” – at the Central Florida Employment Council.
- “The Americans With Disabilities Act: Practical Tips” – Presented in conjunction with The Florida Bar Speakers Bureau.
- “The Employee Free Choice Act: Free Choice or Done Deal?” – before the Central Florida Employment Council.
- “2009 Employment Law Update: New Rules/Sleepless Nights” – before the Central Florida Employment Council.
- “Legal Hotspots for Florida Recruiters” – before the Central Florida Employment Council.
- “Positive Employee Relations and Legal Update” – before the Central Florida Chapter, Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association.
- “Employment Law Update” – before the Central Florida Employment Council.
KEEP IN TOUCH